Year GroupsYear 5
Welcome to Year 5
The children are now in Upper Key Stage 2 where they are encouraged to further develop independence and responsibility as they enter their final two years of primary school.
In Year 5, we continue to enthuse a love of learning and the children are exposed to a broad and balanced curriculum that will build on knowledge and skills which they have developed in previous years.
Our Year 5 curriculum is carefully designed to allow children to develop a deep and varied knowledge of topics where they are able to make links between different subjects. In Year 5, the children have an opportunity to go on a number of trips including a five day residential trip to the Isle of Wight.
Mrs L Tranter 5MT
Ms K McCready 5MT
Mrs Z Lashley 5L
Mr A Rutherford 5R
Mrs B Theti
Mrs S McDonagh
Timings for School
Teachers & Timetable for entry and home arrangements: click here.
Year 5 Timetable
Please click this link to explain how your child(ren) learn during the school week.
- All homework will be set online. Please see the Google Classroom for details.
- Maths homework is set on a Thursday and should be returned on Tuesday each week.
- English homework is set on a Thursday and should be returned on a Tuesday each week.
- Weekly spellings are set on a Thursday and should be returned on a Tuesday. Spelling tests are on Mondays or Tuesdays depending on the class.
- Reading records are part of our homework expectations. The children should make two entries per week and submit the records every Tuesday. Books are changed as needed when the children have finished them.
Pupils should come to school in their PE kits on Monday and Wednesday.For details of the required school PE kit please go to our Uniform Page.