The School DayNorth Ealing Primary School
At the beginning and end of the school day, we are operating staggered drop off and pick up times, with social distancing in place.
Dear Parents and Carers,
We hope that you and your family enjoyed the Summer break and look forward to welcoming you all next Monday 6th September, when school reopens. Following the easing of Covid-19 restrictions, we are able to confirm timings and inform you of some expectations and how we intend to operate from next week.
We will be returning to using the Pitshanger lane gate and Summerfield road only.
Timings for the SchoolDay
- Morning: 8.45 am – 11.45 am
- Afternoon: 12.15 am – 3.15 pm
- 30 hrs: 9.00 am – 3.00 pm
- 8.45 am – 3.15 pm
Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2
- 8.45 am – 3.15 pm
- Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are invited into class from 8.45 am
- Year 3 and 4 are invited into class from 8.45 am
- Year 5 and 6 are invited into class from 8.50 am
Children should not be left in the playground before 8.40 am as no adult will be on duty before this time. You need to ensure your child is coming through the school gates by 8.50 am at the latest. The register will be taken promptly at 8.55 am and the school day will start on time. Late arrivals are disruptive to the whole class and often embarrassing for your child. We take the view there are no late children, only late parents.
- It is important to be on time as the first part of the school day is used to give out instructions or organise school work for the rest of the day. Late arrivals are disruptive to the whole class and often embarrassing for your child. We take the view that there are no late children, only late parents.
If you are late in the morning – from 8.55 am – your child will be required to go directly to the Office to sign in.
Collection from School:
- Please collect your child promptly at the end of the school day or from any after school activity. If you are late for collection please go to the school office.
If you are running late or unavoidably detained, please keep the school office informed.
Please inform the school office at the start of the school day if there are any changes to your regular pick up arrangements, this can be done by writing directly into your child’s contact book, or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please only contact the school office if your arrangements have been changed in an emergency. This minimises the disruption caused to the children’s learning as all-new arrangements have to be telephoned through to the class.
Mixing and hubs
The restrictions regarding the year group hubs will be lifted when we return to school. Following government guidance to schools over the summer, if there is an outbreak in school, or locally, it may be necessary to reintroduce hubs or to keep groups apart again for a temporary period to reduce the transmission rates.
Track and trace
Schools will no longer be expected to trace close contacts. As with positive cases in any other settings, NHS Test and Trace will work with the positive case to identify close contacts and will suggest that contacts carry out a PCR test. We do suggest that you continue to do lateral flow tests before returning to school on Monday 6th September 2021.
The school office will remain closed to visitors without appointments. Communication with the school by email is preferable although telephone lines will be open until 4.30 pm daily. We will be increasing the number of onsite meetings that parents might attend based on infection and transmission rates.
The North Ealing uniform should be worn at all times. Please refer to the school uniform list below.
- No jewellery should be worn other than religious jewellery or SMALL stud or sleeper earrings for pierced ears
- Wristwatches may be worn (no Smartwatches)
- Long hair should be tied back
- Navy blue school logo sweatshirt, navy tracksuit trousers, white polo shirt, black trainers.
- Grey trousers, skirt or pinafore dress with grey socks/tights, white polo shirt, navy blue school logo sweatshirt, black trainers.
- Summer uniform – grey shorts with grey socks or summer dress (blue/white checks or stripes) with white socks and black trainers.
Years 1 – 6
- Grey trousers, skirt or pinafore dress with grey socks/tights. White buttoned shirt, school tie and grey jumper/cardigan.
- Summer uniform – grey shorts with grey socks or summer dress (blue/white checks or stripes) with white socks and black trainers
Shoes (Nursery – Year 6)
- Children are required to wear black trainers without logos.
- Trainers must be worn for the daily mile.
- Children should not wear open-toed sandals or Crocs.
A small selection of plain black trainers are available from our school uniform shop, Juniper (details are on the school website)
- Navy shorts, yellow school logo T-shirt and black trainers – all in a labelled bag.
- School logo sweatshirt and plain navy tracksuit trousers may be worn for outdoor games in winter.
PLEASE ENSURE YOUR CHILD’S NAME IS ON EVERY ITEM OF SCHOOL CLOTHING, LUNCH BOXES, BOOK BAGS AND WATER BOTTLES.