School Sports PremiumNorth Ealing Primary School
The Government is providing funding to schools to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. The sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Purpose of funding
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses for the funding include: hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches, paying for professional development opportunities for sport, running sport competitions and a sports council, or increasing participation in the school games, purchasing sports resources & equipment, providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and holiday clubs.
How this funding is being used at North Ealing Primary School:
This year North Ealing Primary School will receive a sports premium amount of £8000 plus an additional £5 per pupil. This will be paid to us in the autumn term.
At North Ealing Primary School we feel it is important to encourage pupils to lead healthy and active lifestyles. We have therefore decided to spend this year’ funding on directly increasing participation in sport and extending sporting opportunities. The funding will be spent on:
- Providing a sports session for all pupils taken by a qualified sports instructor
- Providing a sports coach in the lunch hour across the school where appropriate
- Providing places for pupils for after school sport clubs
- Increasing participation in a range of school sports
- Providing opportunities for children to compete (i.e. in tournaments and fixtures between the local cluster primary special schools)
- Continued professional development (CPD) and curriculum delivery support through the Willow Tree School sports partnership (silver package)
- The purchase of sporting equipment and resources on a regular basis
How will we monitor the impact of this funding:
The school will be monitoring both the physical development & engagement levels of pupils through teacher observation and an assessment system and quality assurance measures.
The school will be offering a variety of after school sports clubs and will be closely monitoring the attendance to ensure maximum take up.
The school will maximise opportunities for both in school and out of school sporting competitions. The results of the competitions will be shared via the website & school newsletter.
For further information on the Sports Premium Funding please click here for the Department of Education link to the Primary School’s Sports Funding page.
School lead for this policy
Headteacher – Sally Flowers
Committee with oversight for this policy
Curriculum and Standards
Policy to be approved by
Full Governing Body
Policy last reviewed by the Curriculum and Standards Committee
Policy last ratified and adopted by Full Governing Body
Policy / Document due for review