Key Workers & Vulnerable Children Updates
It was lovely to welcome some of the children back into school this morning. To ensure that the educational provision and school day can run smoothly we are writing with some reminders following the email sent out yesterday.
As always, the welfare of children and staff is at the forefront of the school’s work and our focus is upon keeping everyone safe once school re-opens. It is also very important to realise that we are unable to guarantee the safety of your child or family from infection or transmission of covid-19. We will continue to follow the guidance and will be updating our school’s risk assessment accordingly.
Some reminders as sent out yesterday
- The school day will start at 8:55 and end at 3:00pm. Parents must keep to these times there were a number of children late today and we do not have the capacity to deal with lateness.
- Please can you use the correct gates as stated below some children were not at the correct gate this morning and this caused stress and confusion for the children;
- Nursery, Reception, Year 3 and 4 must use Summerfield Road entrance.
- Years 1,2, 5 and 6 must use the Pitshanger Lane entrance.
- If you have more than 1 child, please use the youngest child’s allocated entrance. YOU MUST BE PROMPT AT BOTH DROP OFF AND PICK UP. We will not have the capacity for any lateness at the beginning or end of the day and will remove the place if needed.
Please can all parents/carers wear a mask on the school site unless you have a clearly stated exemption and keep 2m distance from all other adults.
Please use the same gate for collection at 3pm:
- Nursery will be dismissed from the Nursery class
- Reception, Year 3 and Year 4 will be waiting under the canopy in the playground. Please follow the one-way system to pick up your child and exit the site.
- Year 1 will be dismissed from the Music Room
- Year 2 will be dismissed from 2HM classroom
- Year 5 and Year 6 will be dismissed from the main playground if they are not on the walk to school list with permission.
These school places are full time only parents cannot choose which days they want to send their children into school.
- Children will be taught in year groups hubs. Your child may not be taught by their own teacher, or in their own classroom but will be taught by a member of staff from their year group. This is not childcare it is education.
- At break and lunchtimes , children will remain in their year group hubs.
- Lunch will be served as usual. Those entitled to a free school meal will receive one every day. We are working with Harrisons to provide a hot lunch. If your child usually has a pack lunch please bring as normal.
- Every child must bring their own water bottle as the drinking fountains will not be used.
- Children must attend school in their school uniforms/PE kits for PE days. Windows and doors will be open throughout the day so please ensure your child has layers to wear beneath their uniform (where possible) and suitable outdoor clothing.
- Children need to bring their reading records and bags as per normal.
- As before, if a child or staff member displays COVID related symptoms they will be required to stay off school for at least 10 days. If there is a confirmed case the rest of the hub will need to stay at home for 10 days in isolation. This may impact on staffing arrangements.
- We are not able to offer wrap around care or clubs at this time but we will keep this under review.
Whilst we have arranged educational provision for vulnerable and critical workers’ children, I would like to advise relevant parents and carers to consider contingency plans in the event that staff capacity, due to illness, makes it impossible to continue.
In such an event, we will liaise with the local authority to consider other options for families who may be affected.
Please let us know as soon as possible if you no longer need a school place. In line with Government and LA guidance, our aim is to help suppress the transmission of the new strain of coronavirus and we are asking families to only send their children if it’s an absolute necessity.
Thank you for your ongoing support