Heath & Safety Policy – Staggered start and finish times – COVID Addendum
Health & Safety Statement
North Ealing Primary School is committed to ensuring the Health, Safety and Welfare of all employees when carrying out their duties at work, of visiting members of the public whilst on our grounds, of contractors undertaking work on our premises and of the pupils in our care.
The school wholly accepts the aims and provisions of the Health & Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 and respective Regulations. Therefore, it is the aim of the school to operate with Health and Safety as an integral part of the business strategy.
To enable these duties to be carried out, it is our intent to ensure that responsibilities for health and safety matters are effectively assigned, accepted and fulfilled at all levels within our organisational structure.
We will, so far as is reasonably practicable, ensure that:
- Adequate resources are provided to ensure proper provision can be made for health and safety.
- Risk assessments are carried out annually and reviewed as deemed necessary following an accident, incident or change of activity or equipment.
- If as a result of risk assessments, safe systems of work are necessary, these will be provided and maintained.
- Arrangements for the use, handling, storage transport and disposal of articles and substances provided for use at work, are safe and without risk to health.
- All employees, visitors, contractors and pupils are provided with such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to secure their safety and health at work and that of others who may be affected by their actions.
- The provision and maintenance of all machinery, plant and equipment is safe and without risks to health.
- The working environment of all employees and pupils is safe and without risks to health and adequate provision is made with regard to the facilities and arrangements for their welfare at school.
- The place of work is safe and there is safe access to and from the workplace.
- Monitoring activities are undertaken to ensure effective implementation of the policy.
It is the duty of all employees, contractors and visitors to:
- Take reasonable care for the Health and Safety of themselves and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work and cooperate with us and others in the school to fulfil our statutory duties.
- Not interfere with, misuse or wilfully damage, anything provided in the interest of Health and Safety.
To ensure that this policy is effective, we will:
- Review the policy annually, or upon significant changes in our business, and amend and update as and when necessary. Any changes to the policy will be communicated to all employees.
- Ensure effective consultation and communication procedures are maintained between all levels of management and employees on all matters relating to health, safety and welfare.
Signed on behalf of the school
Signed on behalf of the Governing Body
Chair of Governors
The full content policy below, press the arrow to scroll to each page.
The committee with oversight for this policy
Policy to be approved by
Policy last reviewed/adopted by the Resources Committee
Policy last ratified and adopted by Headteacher
Policy / Document due for review