Email to Parents – 31.12.20
The government announced yesterday that primary schools in Ealing will not open from 4 January. The earliest school will now open is 18 January.
We did not expect this announcement. Our initial plan is as follows and there will be more detail on Monday 4th January.
- Children of key-workers and those who are vulnerable are welcome to attend school.
- We will be sending a google form for families whose parents are Key Workers/critical workers/vulnerable to send back to the school ASAP requesting a place. These places are for those families whose parents cannot look after their children at home due to their Key Worker role or those who are vulnerable.
- All other pupils will learn at home using Google Classroom. This will be compulsory from Tuesday 5th January and children will be asked to register online from 9 am each day until they are back in school.
Children of key-workers and those who are vulnerable are welcome to attend school:
- They are likely to be taught in Year Group hubs by teacher(s) from their own year group between 9 am and 3 pm.
- We will provide as many places as possible in terms of available staffing.
- Pupils learning in school and pupils learning at home will broadly follow the same taught curriculum.
- When we have established numbers we will be working with Sue to see how viable Breakfast club and After-school club is and the usual fees will apply.
All other pupils will learn at home using Google classroom. This will be compulsory from Tuesday 5th January for all children.
- We are likely to use a blended learning approach. This includes small group video meetings with our class teachers, tasks set by our teachers and taught video lessons.
- Pupils learning at home and those in school will broadly follow the same taught curriculum.
- Some teachers from each age group will be working in school so that we can support children of key-workers and those who are vulnerable. All other teachers from each age group will support children learning at home. This might mean your child is working with a different teacher at home.
We will write again by Monday to confirm our plans. Booking for children of key-workers and those who are vulnerable will be via a google form that will be sent out today.
Please can all parents check emails over the next few days in order to be updated.