- This is a matter of great importance for us all. At NEPS, we maintain a robust online-safety curriculum that is taught throughout the year. This is available on the NES Learning Zone and is updated every year.
- The Learning Zone also contains links to resources and organisation that can provide information and support.
- We are required to bring your attention to the Acceptable Use Agreements that are Key Stage appropriate and published on the school website under CURRICULUM – ONLINE SAFETY.
- Going through these with your child/children is encouraged.
- A sample copy is placed at the door of the class (PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE)!
- Please SIGN the register to indicate that you have been made aware of the AU agreements.
Home / School and the Web!
- Within school, your child/children are protected by our in-house security systems, web filters and strict guidelines regarding access.
- If pupils are allowed access to social media at home, they may encounter anti-social materials!
- If this happens, we will, of course support the pupil/s to the best of our ability but remind you that age restrictions are there for a reason.
For Your Information (FYI)
No primary school child SHOULD be able to access the following due to age restrictions although we have experienced issues with all of these:
- Facebook (13+)
- Instagram (13 – officially!)
- TikTok (at least 13+ with parental consent)
- Whatsapp (16+)
- Snapchat (13+) Snapkidz does not allow messaging.
- YouTube (13+ with parental consent)
- Twitter (13+)
- BUT! There are so many more out there. TALK and SHARE!