Online Learning Updates – 05.01.21
As you are aware, remote learning started for your child/ren today (Tuesday 5th January).
All lessons and activities will be delivered remotely using Google Classrooms. Please note engagement in remote home learning is now compulsory, as is the expectation that our school makes this provision available and accessible. If your child is working from home, they must log into their online classroom daily to and take part in the following:
- All children are expected to attend daily registration between 9:00 and 9:15 (exact timings will be placed in your child’s classroom)
- All children are expected to complete a simple registration form during this time
- All children are expected to attend the morning meeting with their class teacher (this will include a summary of expectations for the day). There were a number of children not online this morning and this is now compulsory
- All children are expected to complete tasks set by their teachers every day, we will be following up daily if children are not engaged with their learning.
Please click on the following link and read through the documents provided. This should give you all the information you need to ensure your child works successfully from home.
Please be mindful of our guidelines and expectations for conduct in online learning:
- Meet sessions to be recorded for safeguarding purposes
- These sessions may be live video, recorded or audio-only. The teacher will not continue the session until she or he can see that all audio buttons have been disabled
- Wherever possible, children must try to join the meeting from a common space in their house and make sure an adult is present (although this might be difficult if there are others also trying to work online). Parents must remember that this will be an opportunity for the class teacher to catch up with the children; concerns or queries, on other matters, continue to go through the usual channels via the school office
- Behaviour expectations remain the same as in school: children must be polite, responsible and respectful to all participants in the group and ensure that language remains appropriate at all times as it would at school
- Children are not to record and share any of the online sessions or anything that the teacher posts online
- If a pupil becomes upset or misbehaves during a session, the teacher will inform the parents immediately
- Children are to make sure they have dressed appropriately (not in pyjamas) and ready for learning, sitting in a comfortable position like at a desk or table.
Every child has their own school login details so they should be able to log in and access their online classroom. If your child is unable to do this for any reason, please contact us as soon as possible, via the school office, so we can get them online ASAP.
If you are having any other issues accessing online please contact ASAP via the school office.
Thank you for your ongoing support.