Kid’s Fun Learning
Lots of videos of some great books being read aloud.
Some fantastic e-books
Storytime sorted by ages
Authorfy have some great 10 minute challenges from authors and there is even more book fun on their website. You can sign up for a free account.
Konnie Huq’s Youtube Channel
Lots of videos about interesting topics. There are also some great interviews with authors.
Here are some links to help you and make your own comics.
Website Link 1
Website Link 2
Lots of links where you can read, watch, hear and explore children’s poems.
Website Link 1
Website Link 2
Website Link 3
Website Link 4
The Reading Realm
Learning from home resources, ideas and more. There is also an app you can get with lots of things to read and activities.
On her YouTube channel, children’s author Cressida Cowell reads extracts from her books like How To Train Your Dragon and shares other magical ideas.
Michael Rosen YouTube Channel
Over 400 videos of Michael Rosen reading his children’s stories and poems.
Love Reading 4 Kids
Books, videos and competitions
Book Trust Home Time
Lots more book fun, quizzes and videos here.
Audible Free audio books
Lots of free audio books for children to explore.
North Ealing Primary School hold no responsibility for 3rd party websites
Staying well at home
During this uncertain time, it’s important to prioritise all aspects of health, both mental and physical. Here are some simple tips to guide you through your child’s day whilst being indoors.
Your School Nursing Team is working hard to ensure that you and your family are aware of how to access support around your health; expanding their service to include a duty line 7 days a week to answer your questions. Please find details of the school nursing team in your borough at the bottom of this pack.
Make sure you stay up to date with the latest government advice through the NHS website regarding self-isolating and social distancing.
For more information regarding the staying well at home guide , download the PDF.
Email to Parents – 31.12.20
The government announced yesterday that primary schools in Ealing will not open from 4 January. The earliest school will now open is 18 January.
We did not expect this announcement. Our initial plan is as follows and there will be more detail on Monday 4th January.
- Children of key-workers and those who are vulnerable are welcome to attend school.
- We will be sending a google form for families whose parents are Key Workers/critical workers/vulnerable to send back to the school ASAP requesting a place. These places are for those families whose parents cannot look after their children at home due to their Key Worker role or those who are vulnerable.
- All other pupils will learn at home using Google Classroom. This will be compulsory from Tuesday 5th January and children will be asked to register online from 9 am each day until they are back in school.
Children of key-workers and those who are vulnerable are welcome to attend school:
- They are likely to be taught in Year Group hubs by teacher(s) from their own year group between 9 am and 3 pm.
- We will provide as many places as possible in terms of available staffing.
- Pupils learning in school and pupils learning at home will broadly follow the same taught curriculum.
- When we have established numbers we will be working with Sue to see how viable Breakfast club and After-school club is and the usual fees will apply.
All other pupils will learn at home using Google classroom. This will be compulsory from Tuesday 5th January for all children.
- We are likely to use a blended learning approach. This includes small group video meetings with our class teachers, tasks set by our teachers and taught video lessons.
- Pupils learning at home and those in school will broadly follow the same taught curriculum.
- Some teachers from each age group will be working in school so that we can support children of key-workers and those who are vulnerable. All other teachers from each age group will support children learning at home. This might mean your child is working with a different teacher at home.
We will write again by Monday to confirm our plans. Booking for children of key-workers and those who are vulnerable will be via a google form that will be sent out today.
Please can all parents check emails over the next few days in order to be updated.